I need a suggestion for a specific development requirement; it is just for a sub-site.
The sub-site has a single list with 20 columns and 850+ items. Now, in the home page, I have to have there webparts for the following purpose.
- have to display the recently added items (last - 5)
- have to display the most viewed items (top -5 )
- have to display the most important items (top – 5)
the list already has the required columns like item importance, view count….
I have the following ideas in my mind.
1. Custom webpart (OOB) which will do a CAML query against the list and will display the information on the webpart (3 webparts)
2. Custom webpart (SharePoint Webservice) which will do a CAML query against the list and will display the information on the webpart (3 webparts)
3. Content Editor webpart, it will call a webservice which will generate the required html code after processing the CAML query (3 webparts).
I do not want to use the CbQ webpart for some reason.
Those webparts should not take more than 2sec to load (mainly writing those webpart to improve the page performance), what is the best option? Or do you have any other suggestion?